Alexandre Vauthier Fall 2012 Couture
Agyness Deyn by Terry Richardson. Michael Jackson Tribute
All about you 921 by Sinful Colors Professional. #gold #nails #nailpolish #glitter (Taken with Instagram)
MANICURE MUSE: Prabal Gurung AW’12
Following a stellar Spring ‘12 collection, Prabal goes for round two this year with an equally powerful follow-up for Fall. The moody collection is entitled “Uncursed” and is essentially an elevator from hell to heaven, making a pitstop on Earth along the way. A series of all black looks opened the show with pieced glossy patent leathers mixed with matte fabrics. Next up was a series of vibrant cobalt blues covered in feathers, embellishments and ruffles. The show ended in Prabal heaven with his iconic show-stopping ethereal gowns. One of my favorites from the collection is this mixed gold and white sheath. The pop of black in the belt gives an added edge that translates perfectly into these Prabal Gurung-inspired ladyfingers.
To emulate this look, I used: I Will! by L’Oreal, The “It” Color by OPI, yellow glitter by Barielle Shades, Golden Ticket by Sonia Kashuk and black by Color Club Duo.
To get these ladyfingers:
1. Start with an all white nail
2. Using tape as a guide for the triangle, paint one side of your nail gold
3. Once dry, remove the tape
4. Repeat on the other side using yellow polish
5. Add a layer of gold glitter on top
6. With a black nail art brush, paint a line of black near the top of the white triangle
7. Top it off with Deborah Lippmann’s waterproof top coat “Umbrella”